ABOUT USAID LEARNING LAB
Learning Lab is USAID’s platform for generating and sharing information, tools, and resources on how development practitioners can work together to integrate learning throughout USAID’s Program Cycle. Here, USAID staff and partners jointly create, share, refine, and apply practical approaches to more effectively ground programs in evidence and quickly adapt based on new learning and changing contexts, thereby maximizing development outcomes.
WHO CAN USE IT?
USAID Learning Lab is open to everyone, but its content is tailored to USAID staff and development partners around the world who want to increase their collaboration and leverage their learning. Site members can share both publicly and privately.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
Find valuable information and engage with experts and your peers at any time, from anywhere, all in one place. Use the site’s features to jointly create, share, refine, and apply practical learning approaches for development.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN?
Make your job easier, work more efficiently, share what you’ve learned, and contribute to making development more effective. The USAID Learning Lab community was intentionally created to prevent you from reinventing the wheel.
This platform is your go-to spot for information regarding the Program Cycle and provides opportunities to:
- Join a Working Group to build networks, identify good practices, and find solutions to common challenges
- Understand USAID guidance surrounding the Program Cycle
- Register for and stay up-to-date on USAID and industry events relevant to learning in development
- Follow development trends
- Collaborate with partners
- Write a blog post
- Read practical examples of collaborating, learning, and adapting in action from USAID staff and partners and submit your own
- Learn more about collaborating, learning, and adapting throughout the Program Cycle.
USAID’s Learning Lab is supported by USAID LEARN, a mechanism funded by USAID’s Learning, Evaluation and Research (LER) Office in the Bureau for Policy, Planning and Learning (PPL). USAID LEARN helps PPL/LER to support strategic learning and knowledge management at USAID to improve the effectiveness of programs in achieving sustainable development outcomes. With Learning Lab, USAID LEARN promotes knowledge sharing about collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) and builds organizational learning capacity within the broader development community.