ICT for Monitoring & Evaluation Course
Venue: Indepth Research Services, Nairobi, Kenya
Event Date: 26th – 30th March 2018
How do you use technology to get insight from information? Whether you work for a small nonprofit, large government agency, or private sector firm, the demand to capture and visualize quantifiable results has never been greater.
A number of Information Communication Technologies (ICTs) have been developed to address these needs such as social media analytics tools, mapping and data visualization software, mobile data collection systems and more. Understanding the tools and best practices available for gathering information, applying it to your project challenges, and assessing the results is necessary for project success.
This five days training course will focus on building skills and strategies to better collect, manage, analyze and visualize data using a variety of tech tools. It will feature interactive guest expert presentations with leading M&E practitioners, software developers, and data scientists. It will also include a unique hands-on learning environment with technology demos, practical activities and networking events.
Upon completion of this training course, participants should be able to:
- Critically analyze both the opportunities and the pitfalls that emerge when working with technology to carry out monitoring and evaluation work.
- Connect relevant development theories to the technological strategies and tools discussed in the course
- Manage specific software platforms and tools for monitoring and evaluation activities
- Design dynamic and effective strategies for using tools and platforms improve monitoring and evaluation efforts
- Design, manage and implement mobile data collection tools for monitoring and evaluation
- Develop critical self-confidence for working with technology to address monitoring and evaluation challenges.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Introduction to ICT for M&E
- Data Collection for M&E
- Evaluation – Data Analysis and Visualization
- Integrating Technology-Enabled M&E
How to participate
- Tailor make your course.
- Register as an individual.
- Register as a group.
- Become one of our partners.
- Purchase software’s
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
View related courses
- Mobile Phone Based Data Collection Using ODK Course
- Microsoft Excel in Education Course
- Using Joomla Content Management system (CMS) to Develop Custom and Dynamic Websites Course
- ICT for Disaster Response Course
- Use of ICT Tools in Epidemiology Course
The most popular courses
- Establishing and strengthening farmer organizations Course
- Introduction to Occupational Health and Safety Course
- Knowledge Management Course
- Logframes and the Logical Framework Approach Course
- ICT for Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Course
- Crisis Preparation and Management Course
- GIS in Energy Course
- Procurement and Supply Chain Management Course
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814
Accommodation is arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Mob: +254 715 077 817
Tel: 020 211 3814
Payment should be transferred to IRES account through bank on or before C.O.B 19th March 2018.
Send proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org