Research in Development: Launch of the New USAID Scientific Research Policy
Why is research important for development? How can research contribute to program planning and scaling? What are the challenges that we face in doing research for development?
The U.S. Global Development Lab is pleased to invite you to a symposium on research in development. The event will open with a moderated a panel of leading implementers of development research, followed by a dialogue between the panelists and attendees. This event signifies the launch of the USAID Scientific Research Policy, which provides guidelines on how USAID supports, conducts, and incorporates research into decision-making throughout the program cycle.
RSVP to http://bit.ly/ResearchEvent
View the announcment here.
- Introductory Remarks by Ann Mei Chang, Executive Director, U.S. Global Development Lab, USAID
- Dr. Rob Bertram, Chief Scientist, USAID Bureau for Food Security
- Dr. Richard Bissell, Executive Director of Policy and Global Affairs, National Academy of Sciences
- Dr. Nina Dudnik, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Seeding Labs
- Dr. Naji Khoury, PEER Awardee, Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering at the Notre Dame University-Louaize in Lebanon