Training course on Cost-Benefit Analysis Using Microsoft Excel.
Venue: Naivasha, Kenya
Event Date: 12th-14th June 2017.
Cost-benefit analysis is used by governments and other organizations to evaluate the desirability of a given policy or to justify the allocation of scarce financial resources to attain an established performance goal. Cost-benefit analysis also provides a portable, scalable model for organizing facts, assumptions, estimates, and findings in support of complex decisions. This course introduces concepts that are applicable to selecting optimal decisions through the use of trade-off analysis. In the course, financial and program staff, such as budget and program analysts as well as project managers and contracting personnel, will learn to conduct accurate cost-benefit analyses, thereby identifying choices that increase public welfare and improve efficiency.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is designed for individuals who want to understand and apply cost-benefit analysis to support decision-making in their organizations.
· Select measurement(s) and measure all cost-benefit elements
· Forecast cost and benefits over a relevant time period
· Convert all costs and benefits into a common currency
· Apply a discount rate
· Calculate net present value of project net benefits
· Perform sensitivity analysis
· Evaluate alternatives and select the best value option based on costs and benefits
· Incorporate risk (uncertainty) in calculating costs and benefits
· Utilize Microsoft Excel tools to facilitate compilation and analysis of cost-benefit elements
· Reference applicable OMB guidance and Executive Orders
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request to a minimum of 4 participants. You can have it delivered in our training centre or at a convenient location.
How to participate
View related courses
The most popular courses
- Training course on Resilient Livelihoods.
- Training Course on Diseases Surveillance and Reporting.
- Training Course on CSPro for Android and Smartphone’s.
- Training Course on Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation with MS Project.
- Training course on ICT for Public Participation, Leadership and Governance.
- Training Course on Trauma Support and Counseling.
- Training Course on GIS and Remote Sensing in Agriculture, Food Security and Climate Change.
- Training Course on Policy Advocacy for Gender Responsive Public Services.
For further inquiries, please contact us on Tel: +254 715 077 817, +254 (020) 211 3814, +254 731240802, +254 735331020.