A CLA Dialogue: Missions and partners share experiences and best practices
On June 4-5, 2013, Learning Lab hosted an online discussion (Lab Session) open to all USAID staff and implementing partners entitled, A CLA Dialogue: Missions and partners share experiences and best practices.
This multi-day online discussion between USAID staff and implementing partners introduced the CLA framework and provided examples of how USAID Missions and their partners are working to coordinate and collaborate, while continuously learning and adapting to change in order to increase the impact of USAID’s programs.
Participants explored emerging approaches and lessons learned from USAID Missions that are integrating CLA into their strategic plans, project designs, and implementation, and from implementing partners who have participated in longstanding learning networks and those just beginning to grapple with CLA integration in Mission programs.
In addition to the resources below, the sidebar includes resources shared by Lab Session participants during the two-day discussion, as well as a link to the CLA kick-off webinar, copies of the webinar presentations, and summaries of the daily Lab Session discussions. For the latest resources, visit the CLA Toolkit.
USAID Program Cycle Resources:
Related Thought Leaders in Learning Event Resources:
- Participatory Impact Pathways Analysis seminar with Sophie Alvarez
- Time to Listen: Hearing People on the Receiving End of International Aid presentation with Dayna Brown
- New frontiers in strengths-based leadership presentation with David Cooperrider
Case Studies in Learning:
- Note from the GROOVE Learning Network
- Consortium Alignment Framework for Excellence (CAFE)
- LIFT (Livelihood and Food Security Technical Assistance) Project Note
- LIFT (Livelihood and Food Security Technical Assistance) Project Conference
- Targets or Results? A Case Study on Project Learning
- Agriculture & Nutrition Program Integration in the Western Highlands of Guatemala
- LEAD (Livelihood and Enterprises for Agricultural Development) Prezi
- Contribution of People's Participation: Evidence from 121 Rural Water Supply Projects
Frameworks, Models, and Methods:
- Program Assessment Guide
- Retrospective 'Outcome harvesting'
- Creating the Missing Feedback Loop
- Organizational Network Analysis
- Cynefin Framework wikipedia page
- Business Model Generation
- Butterfly Stamping Method
CLA Community of Practice on Learning Lab:
Continue the conversation around CLA as part of the CLA Community of Practice on Learning Lab!