Performance Management Plan (PMP) Toolkit: A Guide for Missions
This resource is out of date as of March 2017. Please see this How-To Note: Prepare and Maintain a Performance Management Plan (PMP), part of the USAID Monitoring Toolkit, for up-to-date guidance reflecting the revised ADS 201 Program Cycle Operational Policy.
This PMP Toolkit draws upon updated Agency monitoring and evaluation guidance and new processes relating to the USAID Program Cycle. The Toolkit is designed to serve as an ongoing resource for USAID staff engaged in performance management roles as they plan for and manage effective performance monitoring and evaluation over the course of the Mission’s strategy. As, ultimately, the PMP is only a useful tool if missions are actively using and learning from their monitoring and evaluation data, the Toolkit also provides helpful tips and ideas on using the PMP to strengthen the Mission’s approach to learning, collaborating, and adapting.
Some topics covered in the toolkit include:
- Finalizing performance indicators, baselines, and targets for the results in the R/CDCS Results Framework (RF) and Project LogFrames
- Defining and identifying data sources for performance and context indicators
- Planning for data collection and identifying data collection methodologies
- Conducting Data Quality Assessments
- Reviewing and analyzing performance data to monitor progress toward achieving results in the R/CDCS and Project LogFrames
- Planning and budgeting for evaluations
- Managing, analyzing, communicating and reporting performance data, and
- Using data to make informed management decisions