The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Agency Learning Agenda engages key internal and external stakeholders in the generation, synthesis, sharing, and use of evidence to inform agency decision-making. The 2022-2026 Agency Learning Agenda is an important tool to transparently communicate how USAID builds and uses evidence to address its highest policy priorities, as articulated in the Department of State and USAID Joint Strategic Plan and forthcoming USAID Policy Framework. Exceeding requirements set forth in the Foundations for Evidence-based Policymaking Act, the Agency Learning Agenda exemplifies USAID’s continued role as a U.S. Government thought leader on learning.
Through consultation with the USAID workforce, U.S. Government agencies, international donors, researchers, think tanks, and other partners, USAID identified nine agency learning questions for 2022-2026. USAID draws on a broad range of research, experience, and local knowledge to build evidence that informs agency decision making.
2022-2026 USAID Agency Learning Agenda Questions
- OPERATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS | How can USAID better streamline systems, processes and resources to meet long-term needs identified by Missions, while enabling the flexibility to respond quickly to unexpected shifts in context?
- RESILIENCE TO SHOCKS | How can USAID strengthen household, community, and country resilience to climate, conflict, economic, and health shocks, such as COVID-19 and other global pandemic threats?
- RESPONDING TO CLIMATE CHANGE | How can USAID best engage global actors, partner countries, and local leaders to mitigate the climate crisis and support equitable adaptation to its impacts?
- ANTI-CORRUPTION | How can USAID work with host countries, interagency colleagues, and other development actors to address systemic corruption through multisectoral approaches?
- AFFIRMATIVE DEVELOPMENT | How can USAID advance an affirmative, sustainable development approach to mitigate authoritarian or malign influences and actions?
- MIGRATION AND FORCED DISPLACEMENT | How can USAID better address drivers of migration and forced displacement through evidence-informed decision-making?
- DEIA | How can USAID programs and operations mitigate harm to underrepresented and marginalized populations, while promoting equity and inclusion?
- LOCALLY-LED DEVELOPMENT | How can USAID more equitably engage local knowledge, assets, and practices and align programming with local priorities and metrics for success?
- PARTNERING FOR SUSTAINABILITY | How can USAID’s partnerships with the private sector; local, faith, and nontraditional partners; and other donors contribute to sustainable development objectives?
USAID welcomes the public to share experiential knowledge, assessments, analyses, performance monitoring, evaluations, research, and statistical activities related to the Agency Learning Agenda with us at [email protected].